I thought it might be useful to share a list of what I packed for my 16 month old toddler in our hand luggage for our recent flight from Edinburgh to Geneva.
The usual essentials:
- Nappies and nappy bags
- A change of clothes
To eat and drink:
- Snacks galore: a banana; around a million raisins (Euan’s absolute favourites); rice cakes; an ella’s kitchen pouch. And yes, a large bag of cadbury’s chocolate buttons.
- A cup of water
- A bottle and several cartons of toddler milk (I thought this would be easier than cows’ milk because I didn’t then have to worry about refrigeration)
- A colouring book and crayons
- Several of Euan’s favourite books
- Some new toys (little plastic animals and a wee torch with a button that he can press – no annoying noises for the other passengers but entertaining all the same)
- My iphone (Euan loves playing with the soundtouch app - review to follow later). It also has a great camera.
- A couple of dummies (also great for equalising ears during take off and landing)
I didn’t use all of this but I felt happier knowing I had it all with me. What did I take for me in my hand luggage I hear you ask? Oh yes, nothing.
Have you got an essential carry on item when you fly? Please share your ideas in the comments box below.